Wednesday 20 April 2011

Princess Doll Cake

I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew when I took on this cake order.   My friend asked me to make a pink & girly cake after seeing my Two-Tier creation and I jumped at the chance!  I suggested a Fairy Mushroom, Castle or Princess Cake.  The Princess won.



I've never made such a thing before but have seen a few on the internet.  Had no idea how I was going to 'dress' the doll so this was all off the cuff.  There are imperfections but by and large I'm glad I completed it.  It did take a staggering 4 hours to decorate!

I hope my friend is happy with the cake for her daughter!

As for me, well, I'm absolutely shattered so I bid you all goodnight!

10 comments:

  1. Looks sweet and nice.
    I'm thinking of a similiar cake for my girl too for her birthday this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've done a great job! The ruffles are a great touch, and did you seriously pipe that lettering? Its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Sarah! There is an Alphabet Cutter for that job! But getting the fiddly little letters can be a pain!

    Wendy, I'm sure she will love the cake - would love to see what 'dress' your Barbie wears! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne...what a beautiful barbie doll cake..well done and btw I've tag u in an Easter Game @ 5 Recipes To Celebrate Easter!! Pls come & join in the party :)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Brilliant first time effort. Very well done. Yes, cakes take up so much time, I'm often up half the night when I do my cakes. But I need to work at night so I can take over the whole kitchen and not worry about little hands poking and prodding the fondant :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Elin! I was pleased of the outcome!

    Yup, that's me Shaz - up half the night decorating cakes! :0)

    Thankyou Olivia!

    Thankyou YummyLittleCooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is so awesome! i am down in the creative side in baking cakes. im so bad at cakes lol

    you have done such a great job with such detail! so much effort and time. i dont know why you are shattered? :P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ann! I think starting to decorate the cake at 11:30pm doesn't help! Then when I wanted to take pictures I had to unload the videos off camera!!! Hubbs happily instructing me how to do when all I wanted to do was get in the kitchen & start decorating! Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete