Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!!!




Happy New Year!!!




May the new year bring you fortune, good health and may a million wishes go your way!

This year has been busy for me with returning to work after my Christmas break and I've somewhat neglected my blog.  I have been busy baking and crafting but not had a chance to update on here.

Year of the Tiger is MY year!  Both myself and my husband are born in Year of the Tiger and what is especially exciting for us is that we are going to have our own little Tiger too!  Baby is due in August and we are v-e-r-y excited as he/she will be baby no 1!



Here is the scan of our little tiger!  My work colleagues have said it's smoking a cigar!  Hubbs says it's on the bottle already!  Next scan due in Mid-March and am looking forward to baby's developments!

Have been very fortunate and this little one has not caused me any sickness at all!  The same went for my sis-in-law (hubbs, bro's wife) she didn't suffer from sickness either!  Have had a couple of instances where unpleasant food smells or food sights have made me feel queasy but that is about it!  Lucky b**** you may say!  Only thing is with not being sick it means I am gaining weight!  Seem to get hungry again very quickly!  I will be as round as a barrel very quickly!

I made some cupcakes to take into work when I made the news public to my work colleagues.  I said it was to fatten them up as I got fatter over the coming months!




They did a good job of demolishing the lot!  There were three different butter icing flavours: vanilla, lemon and chocolate.  I used a variety of sweets to decorate them with: Dairy Milk chocolate buttons, Milky Bar chocolate buttons, Minstrels and some sugar decorations.  I had wanted to put jelly babies on them but they didn't look very good. 


2 comments:

  1. Many congratulations!! Really excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! We're pretty excited ourselves too as we are first-time parents-to-be!

    I think it's funny that we will all be Year of the Tiger in our household - not sure if it's a good or bad thing!?!

    ReplyDelete