Thursday 2 August 2012

A Passion for Baking - Custard Cream Competition



Following Jo Wheatley's popular competition, she decided to host another!  This time Custard Creams (a biscuit sandwiched with vanilla custard) sweet but an old British classic :)   Again, the recipe is taken from her book, A Passion for Baking.

This was a fun recipe to do but I did find the biscuit dough tricky to handle.  My tip is to keep it between sheets of cling film to roll out. :)




These biscuits were a hit with my son (he's only an almost 2 year-old toddler and; quite the biscuit connoisseur!) and my mummy friends. :)




As you can see from the first two photos, they were taken outdoors.  I had forgotten part of the competition rules which stipulate the book must be present in the photo.  Hence, I had to do a second bake as it was only when I was about to upload my photo for the competition, that I discovered my error.  As luck would have it, the 'nice-looking' biscuits were eaten :p

The last photo is an indoor shot and I only just managed to get baked, biscuits arranged and uploaded before time ran out! :p  Even had me nipping out in darkness to snip a few lavender stems to prettify the photo!


2 comments:

  1. i love your shapes! They are so much better than shop bought aren't they. You can adapt the recipe to make Bourbons too http://riversidebaking.com/2013/07/07/bourbon-biscuits/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They went down well with friends and family :)
      Son #1 love Borbons so I will have to try your recipe one day :D
      Thank you!

      Delete